Saturday 17 April 2010

What a lovely pair

We have a tit issue.

Blue tit, to be precise.

Some brand spanking new bird houses were nailed onto a couple of trees upon our arrival at the Heath back in December. Then a few days ago Poppa Pop (who travels under various guises, such as Our Heavenly Father and David - he lives on the motorway, don't-cha-know!) spotted a pair of blue tits swirling around one of them. And before he knew it, they flew straight inside! It's spring, so you know what that means... honeymoon period. Personally, I wouldn't have plumped for the crib these boobz chose.
Our feathered friends have claimed this one...


If I was a bird on the wing, I would've settled home here...


But I guess the first is less clashing with the blue tit's blue. I must be more of a robin red breast.

The only problem is, the front doors are a bit of a squeeze. Poppa Pop is now worried that the mother blue tit is incapable of getting out. We've tried creeping around the perimeter, listening out for any clues that will reassure us that everything is A-OK ("Are they breathing...?"), and taking photos from a distance to see if that will give anything away. Poppa Pop swears he can see a "shade of blue" inside here...


No, me neither. But don't ruffle your feathers dear readers, I shall keep a close eye on this pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment